BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) — National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is Saturday.
The event is free and anonymous and gives the public the opportunity to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused or unwanted prescription drugs, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Kern County will have numerous collection sites operating 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. that day:
- Kern County Sheriff's Office, 455 Lexington, Delano
- KCSO, 181 E. 1st St., Buttonwillow
- Tehachapi Police Department, 129 East, Tehachapi
- KCSO, 1350 Norris Road, Bakersfield
- KCSO, 7046 Lake Isabella Blvd., Lake Isabella
- Delano Police Department, 1022 12th St., Delano
- KCSO, 748 F St., Wasco
- KCSO, 632 Laguna Trail, Frazier Park