BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) — The Kern County Public Health Services Department has announced its schedule of flu vaccination clinics.
The clinics offer shots for $9 to the public and are first-come, first-served.
Dr. Claudia Jonah, Kern County health officer, said her department is emphasizing the importance of vaccination for those who are at the highest risk - those 65 and over, pregnant women and anyone with an underlying chronic condition that weakens the immune system.
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 22 and 29 - 10 a.m. to noon - Public Health Office, 7050 Lake Isabella Blvd., No. 151, Lake Isabella
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 and 23 - 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. - Public Health Office, 455 Lexington St., Delano
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 - 1-3 p.m. - Pine Mountain Club, 2524 Beechwood Way, Pine Mountain
- Saturday, Oct. 19 - 9 a.m. to noon - Healthy Harvest Fair, 5357 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield
- Sunday, Oct. 20 - 7:30 a.m. to noon - Hosking Swap Meet, 1000 E. Hosking Ave., Bakersfield
- Monday, Oct. 21 - 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. - Public Health Office, 250 Ridgecrest Blvd. Ridgecrest
- Wednesday, Oct. 23 - 1-4 p.m. - Public Health Office, 12014 Main St., Lamont
- Monday, Oct. 28 - 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. - Public Health Office, 1775 Highway 58, Mojave
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. - Public Health Office, 204 S. Hill St., Arvin
- Mondays through Fridays - 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Public Health Services Department, 1800 Mount Vernon Ave., Bakersfield