BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) — The Bakersfield Relay For Life is this weekend.
Last year's relay raised raised almost $1.7 million. The website for this year's relay shows nearly 300 teams and 4,000 participants have already raised more than $1.1 million.
Camp setup is 3 p.m. Friday at Wingspoint, Airport and Merle Haggard drives. Opening ceremonies are 9:45 a.m. Saturday, with the 24-hour relay to follow.
- Track opens, breakfast served and survivors' registration begins - 6 a.m. Saturday
- Team registration begins - 7 a.m.
- Survivors Lap and Kids Camp opens - 10 a.m.
- Caregivers Lap - 10:15 a.m.
- First lap begins - 10:30 a.m.
- Fight Back Ceremony - 4 p.m.
- Luminaria Ceremony - 8:30 p.m.
- Closing Ceremony - 9 a.m. Sunday