Northeast Bakersfield

Kitchen heavily damage in home cooking fire

Kitchen heavily damage in home cooking fire »Play Video

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) - A cooking fire that was momentarily left unattended left one person with a smoke inhalation and an estimated $25,000 in damage to a kitchen, the Bakersfield Fire Department said.

The fire erupted around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday on Duke Drive, near Bakersfield College. Firefighters had the fire under control within nine minutes, the department said.

The remainder of the single-story home sustained only minor smoke damage, according to the fire department.