San Joaquin Community Hospital hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday for The AIS Cancer Center and Outpatient Surgery Center.
The hospital says the new facility, 2620 Chester Ave., includes:
- Radiation and medical oncology
- Affiliation with the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- "Highly trained, experienced" physicians who are board-certified in oncology care
- A family-centered approach with the latest information on cancer care and research available to patients and the general public
- Kern County's first Varian trueBEAM Linear Accelerator, one of the latest advances in cancer technology
- LEED Certification given by the U.S. Green Building Council for facilities with efficient, high quality designs